Ever wondered how fit you are (but were afraid to ask)?
This app can help you.
All you need is
- a pair of running shoes
- a flat 20 meter running pitch
- a modicum of enthusiasm
- this app
The app is a simple, meat'n'potatoes, program that will assist you in a private execution of the beep test. It will
- prompt you with ringtones that you select
- allows to run the first level at either of 8.0 kph or 8.5 kph
- display seconds to beep
- display seconds to next level
- display distance covered so far (incl. shuttles) and time elapsed
Note: Use "Settings" to select ringtones prior to first use (as many phones' default is "silent")
When you are done, the app will provide you with
- an estimated VO2_Max
- an estimated calorie consumption
... that will
- give you bragging rights (hopefully)
- allow you to compare your fitness to that of the general population
- allow you to chart your progress
Caution : Some side effects have been noticed
- Runner's high. You will find yourself smiling far too much
- Fitter. Regularly done, you will be able to 'run up those stairs'
- Leaner. Darn, gotta buy smaller jeans!
p.s. If you have having trouble with sound, make sure "Notification Volume" on your phone is turned up
Also from this author: The Yo-Yo Intermittent Test
- Update to prevent unintended "double taps" on Start/Stop/Reset button
- Improved timer