Ever wondered how fit you are (but didn't want to ask)?
This app can help you.
All you need is
- a pair of running shoes
- a flat 20 meter running pitch
- a modicum of enthusiasm
- this app
The app is a simple, meat'n'potatoes, non-intrusive (no ads or spl. permissions) program that will assist you in a private execution of the beep test. It will
- prompt you with ringtones that you select
- allows to run the first level at either of 8.0 kph or 8.5 kph
- display seconds to beep
- display seconds to next level
- display distance covered so far (incl. shuttles) and time elapsed
Note: Use "Settings" to select ringtones prior to first use (as many phones' default is "silent")
When you are done, the app will provide you with
- an estimated VO2_Max
- an estimated calorie consumption
... that will
- give you bragging rights (hopefully)
- allow you to compare your fitness to that of the general population
- allow you to chart your progress
Caution : Some side effects have been noticed
- Runner's high. You will find yourself smiling far too much
- Fitter. Regularly done, you will be able to 'run up those stairs'
- Leaner. Darn, gotta buy smaller jeans!
Want more? The pro version ($0.99) offers:
- Level.Shuttle voice cues
- Additional test options
- Save, Save-Continue (group tracking), export results
- Photo option when "saving"
- And more
Also from this author: The Yo-Yo Intermittent Test
2.01 - Small change to (1) in-built beep (2) working of voice cue
2.0 - Added Spanish support
1.93 - Improved layout for phablets
1.92 - Detects volume at start ... if low/mute/vibrate, reset to 80%
1.91 - Added a louder "built-in beep" as an option