Beirut Electricity Cut Off is a tool that shows daily electricity cut off times in Lebanon (areas outside Beirut are now supported also!).
Electricity in Lebanon is cut following some predefined patterns depending on locations. For example in Beirut, it is cut off for 3 hours everyday regularly between 6am and 6pm (6am-9am, 9am-12pm, 12pm-3pm and 3pm-6pm)
This tool displays a calendar showing daily cut off times.
It has also home screen widgets that are dynamically updated everyday to show the correct cut off time of the day.
-Supports areas outside Beirut
-Possibility to configure multiple locations.
-Home screen widgets to show the daily cut offs along with the current electricity status (on/off)
-(NEW) Setting a Reminder before electricity cuts off
To activate the reminder go to settings -> select a location -> tick the Reminder checkbox (you can also configure the time before which the reminder is triggered, it's set to 10min by default)
Note that the cut off times are based on calculations assuming cut offs are regular and respected by EDL (Electricite Du Liban) otherwise it may differ from actual cut offs. We are aware that cut off times are not always respected by EDL so we are not responsible for any cut offs that do not match the calculated times.
To report any issues/suggestions/feedback please send a mail to the support email below.
If you like the app please rate it
- User Interface update
- Android Lollipop support
- New feature: Reminders for electricity cut off with customizable times
- Bug fix in Calendar
- Better support for ICS & Jelly Bean
- Support areas outside Beirut where electricity cut off follows different patterns
- Support configuring multiple locations
- Added a bigger size 2x1 widget
- Show current electricity status within the 2x1 widget
- Support adding multiple widgets with different locations