Looking for the best games for kids 3 year old and above? We have done the homework for you.
We are continuously reviewing tens of thousands of games to present to you the best choices – those exceptional games that will delight your 3yo and will stimulate her or his mental and cognitive development. Some games may be appropriate also for 2yo or 4yo, or even beyond.
We feature some blockbuster games as Fun4Kids’ "Kids Alphabet Game", and IntelliJoy’s "Kids ABC Phonics" which help your 3yo learn the ABCs and 123s. We also feature games from individuals such as Ngo Luyen’s "Kid Paint Plus". Regardless of the source of the game, we ask ourselves the same questions:
• Is the game beneficial to the child’s mental or cognitive development
• Is the game designed in a way that is easy for a child (not the parent) to understand and play
• Is the game gentle towards the mistakes the child will make
• Is the game reinforcing and rewarding the child’s successes
Once we determine that a game meets the above minimum criteria, we then look for additional characteristics, such as:
• Is the child going to enjoy the game on the second sitting, the third, and beyond
• Does the game allow for a child and an adult to play together – perhaps by taking turns – and thus strengthen the bond
Finally, if we think the game or application is appropriate for 3yo children, we give it to our own 3-year old, and to the kids of friends to try out and tell us how the game was received. Once we feel that a game or app is a great match for a 3+ boy or girl (or toddler), we will list it in our catalog under category "ABC and 123", "Action", "Drawing", "Entertainment", or "Puzzles".
For questions, comments, or your favorite games, please email us at [email protected]
, or follow us at Twitter @BestGamesFor3yo.