This the first app of the Syriac-Orthodox Church Aramaic Church. In this app you can listen to many liturgies of the BETH GAZO.
Beth Gazo means ‘’the house of treasure’’. It is a Syriac liturgical book that contains a collection of Syriac chants and melodies. The book is considered a reference of Syriac Hymnody and without it Syriac Orthodox clerics cannot perform their liturgical duty.
The abridged version of Beth Gazo contain the following hymns:
1. Qole shahroye "vigils". These were sung by those belonging to the order of shahroye "vigilants". they are dedicated to the Virgin, the saints, to penitence and the departed.
2. Gushmo "body". Each of which consists of eight modes. These are recited during the daily offices known as šḥimo
3. Sebeltho d'madroshe "ladder of hymns". It is this category that seems to have mostly inherited Ephrem's.
4. Fardo "single". These are short hymns divided into eight collections corresponding to the eight Syriac maqams.
5. Qonuno yawnoyo "Greek canon". Divided into eight collections.
6. Mawrbo "magnificat". Dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
7. Qole ghnize "mystic hymns". Those were lost.
8. Takheshphotho rabuloyotho "litanies of Rabula". Attributed to Rabbula bishop of Edessa.
9. Tborto "broken". They fall into three categories: those attributed to St. Jacob of Serug, St. Ephrem and of St. Balai of Qenneshrin.
10. Quqlion "cycles". These are cycles from the Psalms.
About this app:
Sung by: Dayroyo Stefanus Budak
Projected by: Anton Acis & Jonathan Acis
Produced by: Benjamin Faal
First public release
- Added about dialog.
- Fixed theme (some devices reported no visible text in the list only when you press the item).