On more than 170 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Hundreds of Bible versions, hundreds of reading plans, and hundreds of languages. Add your own highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes. Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
Now, Bible App 5 brings you brand new features that allow you to explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 35 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 700 translations.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, ASV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles as you do other tasks (audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
YOUR PRIVACY ON ANDROID
* The Bible App requests access to your phone calls in order to pause audio playback if you're listening to a Bible when a phone call comes in.
* The Bible App requests read/write access to your SD card because that's where Bibles are downloaded and stored if you choose to do so.
* The Bible App requests access to your account list to help the signup process go more smoothly. If you choose to sign up with an account connected to your device, you can skip the verify step.
* Location: We have thousands of live events and use your location to help you discover YouVersion live events near you when you go to the live event function.
* Contacts: We will access your contacts to make it easier for you to share the Bible App with your friends.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
English, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Chinese, German, French, Dutch, Russian, Indonesian, Arabic, Zulu, Xhosa, Sotho, Papiamento, Yoruba, Pedi, Iban, Tswana, Cebuano, Urdu, Igbo, Hilgaynon, Hausa, Bengali, Javanese
Fixed sharing issue to use default Android controls for sharing to Facebook and other apps