BibleScope is a Bible study and reading app to help you study God's Word.
BibleScope has many free translations available for download, and additional ones available for purchase including the NIV, NASB, HCSB, MSG, ERV,NLT, NET Bible with commentaries and more.
NOTE: There have been some confusion in the reviews about the translations costing money. Most of the translations are free to download. The ones that are freely available (like the KJV, KJV with Strongs, NET, and more) are free to download. The only ones that you would have to purchase are NIV (includes TNIV and NIrV), NASB, HCSB, MSG, NLT, and NET Bible with full notes. All the other translations are free to download.
To purchase one of the licensed translations, you press the Purchase button. After purchasing it, then you are emailed a code to enter in BibleScope.
User Reviews: If you have a problem with BibleScope please don't hesitate to email me. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. I can't respond on the reviews listing, so please email me any concerns.
** No internet connection needed to view the Bible. Once the translation is downloaded, you will not need an internet connection to read.
- Tablet support
- Bookmarks, Notes with folders for organization
- Send a verse as an email, a tweet, or a facebook status
- Split screen view to show two translations at once
- Verse Highlights
- View commentary for each verse using downloaded commentaries
- Keyword searches
- Daily reading plans
- Verse history that keeps track of all navigated verses, and can easily navigate between them using buttons
- Devotionals including Spurgeon's Daily, and Daily Light and Bible In a Year readings
- Maps for viewing notable places in the Bible
- Many settings available to customize the appearance like font size, font color, UI color, background, and much more
- Bars at the top and bottom slide in/away with a press of the screen
- Words of Christ in red for the KJV, WEB, NIV, and NASB translations
- Landscape view to read Bible in widescreen, or to view split screen translation side-by-side
- Added new Strongs dictionary for the KJV w/ Strongs.
- Honeycomb support
- Added the New Living Translation (NLT) and English Standard Version (ESV) as available translations to purchase
- New Search options to search in the current book, OT or NT
- Backup/Restore all notes, bookmarks, highlights to/from SD card
- Added table of Bible weights and measures
- Added Easton's dictionary in Search screen. Press the down arrow in the search screen to search the dictionary
- Searches can now search for keywords in a verse, or search for a phrase
- Custom background, verse, and main text color for main reading view added in Options screen
- Viewable on large screen devices like the Galaxy Tab
- Main reading view now hides the status bar, you can turn it back on in the Settings
- Copy a verse to clipboard by selecting verse # and selecting Copy to Clipboard
- Fixed issue with translation selection
- Pressing the top bar now allows you to jump to a verse selection screen, pressing arrow shows verse/chapter shortcut bars
More info at www.biblescopeapp.com
- Fixed issue with scrolling where the display would get 'stuck'
- Adds a button to top left to (...) show the Options menu (Search, Notes, Bookmarks, etc). You can also show the options menu as before if your device has a Menu button.
- Fixed issue with Android 4.4.4 and later devices causing popup to not appear
- Licensed translations now use the Google Play store for InApp purchasing
- Translation downloads are now much faster