BigAppleRx is New York City’s official FREE prescription discount card program. The BigAppleRx card is the only prescription discount card that is officially backed by the city of New York, providing discounts on brand name and generic prescription medications as well as over-the-counter medications, such as smoking cessation aids and diabetes supplies. The city’s support ensures that most NYC pharmacies will honor the cards with prescription discounts averaging 47%. The card is accepted at over 2,000 pharmacies within the 5 Boroughs and over 60,000 pharmacies nationwide. Simply install the app and show the card at a participating pharmacy with a valid prescription at time of service to receive your discount.
• The card provides average savings of 15% on brand and 53% on generic drugs.
• The card is free, with no limits on use.
• The BigAppleRx card is available to everyone living, working or visiting the City, regardless of age, income, citizenship or health insurance status.
• You don’t have to share any personal information to get the card. No paperwork!
• The BigAppleRx card is accepted at most NYC pharmacies.
• The cardholder is responsible for paying the cost of the drug.
• HealthTrans Discount Program. The Card is not health insurance.
HealthTrans is a privately held company formed in 2000 and based in Greenwood Village, Colorado. We manage one of the three largest discount drug programs available in the United States today, saving our more than 10 million prescription discount cardholders over $600 million on their medications since 2006.