Bit World is a digital realm full of digital eggs. No one knows how this world came into existence, or where the eggs come from.
However, what we do know is that using an Android device, coupled with this software, you can acquire one of these eggs.
Once on your device, the egg will begin to mature and eventually hatch into a mysterious creature, known as a Bit Beast!
Raise your Bit Beast well, pit it against other Bit Beasts in battle, and become an expert Bit Beast handler!
Bit Beast is a virtual pet inspired by the great toys from the 90s, such as Tamagotchi and Digimon. You raise and care for your Bit Beast by feeding him, cleaning him, giving him medicine when he is sick, playing with him, and so on.
As your Bit Beast grows up, he will evolve into different forms. There are several different evolutionary branches that your Bit Beast can move along, and what he becomes is dependent on how well you raise him. Pay special attention to what kind of food you feed him!
To interact with your Bit Beast, simply run the app. It runs like any other standard app and can be shut down whenever you want. When you next run the app, it calculates what happened during the intervening period and updates accordingly.
At any time, you can pause your Bit Beast, and nothing will happen to him until you unpause him later. You can also configure his bedtime so that he can be awake whenever you are!
Bit Beast makes use of several of Android's fun hardware features, if they are available. If a given feature is not available on your device, don't panic! You can still use the app! The feature will simply not be available when you play.
Here is how Bit Beast puts some of these features to good use:
- You can pet your Bit Beast (and interact with the rest of the UI) using the touchscreen if you have one. If not, you can use your trackball or dpad to navigate.
- You can tap the screen when on the main view to activate speech recognition, and give your Bit Beast commands, praise, or scolding.
- You can shake your device to earn bits (this one uses the accelerometer).
- You can turn on your GPS and earn bits based on either speed or distance traveled.
- You can connect to another Bit Beast on another device via Bluetooth and battle them!
You can view the complete changelog here: http://cheeseandbacon.org/bit-beast/changelog.txt
Here is an explanation of the permissions required to install the app, and why they are needed: http://cheeseandbacon.org/bit-beast/permissions.txt
While the app is already complete, there will almost certainly be updated versions released in the future to fix bugs, tweak numbers, etc. If you find a bug, or something that just doesn't seem right, please let us know! You can contact us via email, or head over to the forums, using the links found below.
After you have played with your Bit Beast for a bit (pun intended!), please rate it on Google Play to let us, and everyone else, know what you think of the game!
Learn more about Bit Beast at: http://cheeseandbacon.org/bit-beast/
Check us out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheese-and-Bacon-Games/154338727929154
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/cheese_bacon
Join us on the forums: http://cheeseandbacon.org/forum/
1.0.5 - 2012/6/1
- Tweaked weight loss from training and battles... again.
- The Bit Beast's shadow is now randomly chosen from all forms of the Bit Beast at its age.