As FEATURED ON LIFEHACKER and TECHCRUNCH!
Get free ebooks. Explore real bookshelves. Connect with people. Discover books and ebooks.
Digitize your paper library with Shelfie.
- Take a Shelfie and the app will tell you which books from your profile are eligible for free or deeply discounted ebooks.
- We will give you a complete digital catalog of your personal library.
Explore bookshelves to discover your next read.
- Shelfie turns your phone into a book discovery adventure.
- Explore pictures of real shelves (Shelfies) from personal libraries around the world.
- Explore the Shelfie feed and discover new books on other readers’ shelves.
Share your books.
- Take your Shelfie (a picture of your bookshelf) to share with the community.
- Create a public profile and share what you love.
How to get free and discounted ebooks.
- If you own the book in print, now you can get the ebook editions.
1. Take a picture of your bookshelf (Shelfie) to see what books are eligible.
2. Take a photo of the front cover of your paper book.
3. Take a photo of the copyright page with your name handwritten on it.
4. Check the ebooks tab in the app. Download and start reading!
Read on any device.
- We offer EPUB (iBooks, Kobo, iOS, Android), MOBI (Kindle), and PDF formats.
- Shelfie is free to use. We offer both free and discounted ebooks.
- There are over 150,000 eligible books on the app — and we’re adding more.
- Some ebooks are DRM-protected, most are DRM-free. Email [email protected]
if you need help getting an Adobe DRM'd ebook to load onto your eReader.
And since people often have trouble spelling BitLit and Shelfie, here’s a few alternatives: Bit-Lit, Bit Lit and Shelfy.
* Performance improvements and bug fixes