This is the Official Blasket Islands Mobile Tour & Info App.
The Blasket Islands off the coast of Kerry, Ireland are a fascinating, rugged location steeped in history and the associated Blasket Centre on the mainland in Dún Chaoin on the tip of the Dingle Peninsula is a fascinating heritage centre/museum honouring the unique community who lived on the remote Blasket Islands until their evacuation in 1953.
This app aims to bring the Islands to life. The Mobile tour, in English and Irish, will guide you 16 key island locations and features -
- Historical descriptions and images for each location
- Full GPS mapping to guide you around the island
- A photo Gallery to which you can add your own images
- Live WebCam from the Blaskets Centre
- Live weather details for the Blasket Islands
- Emergency contact and location messaging
- Island & Blasket Centre Events listing