Simple time reminder, plays sounds regularly (hourly chime), but can do much more!.
It can be used as a cuckoo clock or mindfulness bell - every time it rings it gives you chance to think what time it is or what you are currently doing.
By default it plays short sound every hour regardless of day or time of day. It can not only beep hourly but also on shorter periods like 30 or 15 minutes. The time signal can be configured for example to limit chime time to specific hours or days, see below for full list of options.
You can use it also as reminder (e.g. to drink more water or take break from computer screen) by customizing text in the notification.
List of features:
- play sound in regular intervals (e.g. every hour)
- several sounds to choose (e.g. Casio watch beep, gong, ship's bell, cuckoo)
- enable vibration during playing sound (choose from several vibrations)
- quiet hours (e.g. from 22:00 to 6:00)
- quiet days (e.g. Saturday and Sunday)
- display when upcoming notification will occur
- light up screen when playing sound
- pause or silence background sounds or music when app plays (configurable in Advanced settings)
- choose audio stream (ring, alarm, media, notification) - choose ring for sound to follow phone ringtone (choose this if you don't want sound in silent mode)
- lower notification sound volume compared to chosen audio stream (using slider)
- change audio stream sound volume using hardware volume keys in the app
- continue working after reboot or app update
- option to disable while music, video or game is playing on device
- disable notification during phone call
- change displayed text in a notification
- optionally vibrate on Android Wear
- accurate notifications with "Prevent delays" option in Reliability settings (uses more battery - read more below)
- no ads
Recent versions of the app contain "Prevent delays" option enabled by default which actively prevents notification delays which may be up to several minutes on some devices. Unfortunately this comes at the cost of increased battery usage. Battery usage is largest initially during first few days, then it should be lower. If you don't want to use this feature and still have accurate notifications you can try enabling "Light up screen on notification" option or "Alarm mode" in Reliability settings (these do not work on all devices, usually they work for Samsung).
Battery optimization modes or apps warning.
Please note that if the app stops working unexpectedly it may be caused by some phone function or app which stops apps to increase battery life (power saving, battery optimization, eco, task killers, etc.). In such case, please disable it for BlipBlip for the app to function correctly.
If you have some problem please contact us by using "Report problem" from the app, describe your problem and send to forward logs and configuration from your device.
If there is something you would like to be changed in the app, please contact us by email [email protected]
and we will do our best to help! Any suggestions are welcome.
Follow us on
You can also join BlipBlip community on Google+ to learn more about the app, discuss app features or join beta program:
- Aggressive delay prevention is now disabled by default
- Aggressive delay prevention will be disabled on all devices (it caused issues mostly on Huawei devices)
If you still experience issues (not delivered notifications or increased battery usage), please try disabling “Prevent delays” option in Reliability settings or contact us using “Report problem” from the app.
- Added option to disable sound in Silent mode to Experimental settings