Blocus is a frantic Arkanoid-like. It can also looks like a fireworks simulation !
There is a lot of visual effect and the game feel very much alive.
You can also make make your paddle shoot by catching the ball on the same side several times. And this shot can be upgraded with the experience you gain each time you play !
So, what is worth noting in this game and that you can't get from the screenshots / vid :
- You can either play an endless game with a constantly increasing difficulty or procedurally generated levels
- The paddle is divided in three part (left, that send the ball to the left, middle and right). When a ball hits the paddle, it becomes warmer. If you can get it warm enough, the paddle will shoot very powerful projectiles.
- You can upgrade your paddle (It improves the projectiles)
- When you clear a column, the ball becomes more powerful and quicker
- The particles actually have physics and will collided with the paddle or the walls
I love this background