Blue Hour is a tool for photographers, that calculates information about sunrise, sunset together with data of the blue hour and the golden hour. Furthermore you can calculate information about moonrise, moonset and moon phases (calculated data are approximations of +/- 1 day accuracy).
In this app you can view sun-data of multiple locations. These can be defined manually or automatically by getting your GPS- or network location. Furthermore it is possible to add reminder for the events, that you do not miss them. Additionally you have the opportunity to manually set timezones of the locations, which can be helpful if you are planning trips to locations with another timezone than the one, where you currently are in.
Core features at a glance
- Calculation of sunrise, sunset and solar noon
- Calculation of moonrise and moonset + moonphase
- Calculation of civil blue hour
- Calculation of golden hour
- Visualization of the azimuth-data of sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
- 5 days weather prediction
- definition of multiple locations, including current position (based on GPS)
- monthly forecast
- export of forecast-data to Excel-tables
- reminder for events
- homescreen widget
Note: the calculated values are approximations. Additionally it depends on weather situation, how good or if the blue or golden hour is visible.
Want to help translate this app into your language? Just get in contact to me!
v3.3.0 (2nd May 2015)
+ added Czech localization, Thanks to Antonín Boušek!
+ added Catalan localization, Thanks to Joan Melo!
+ added solar noon value
- load weather data asynchronous
- show "-" instead of "error" if a value cant be calculated