Please consider the Donate to Education Version: Apps for Education Donation
read the Apps for Education story here: http://cp2-software.tumblr.com/"
For a Bluetooth device to play music, it must support the A2DP (e.g. Stereo) standard, otherwise it can't stream music (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile)
Have you ever wanted to get into your car and when Bluetooth connects to your phone the music just starts playing where it left off in the player of your choice?
This app is designed to tie the Bluetooth connect event to playing the music player of your choice. Unlike other auto-play options, this allows you to select the specific player that should be used. Do you want Spotify instead of Google Music Player, you can select that, do you want TuneIn instead of the Core Android music player, no problem.
Why would you want this? Some Bluetooth receivers do not play at all, some target the stock music player, this puts you in control of what happens when Bluetooth audio connects.
This App assumes you already have the subject Bluetooth device Paired to your phone using the BT device manufacturer's unique approach. It won't help Pair the device, the list that shows (as in the App picture) is a list of Paired (sometimes called Bonded) devices.
This App starts a Music App by package name and broadcasts "play" to start the player. NOT all players support this. Some players that work:
* Google Play Music
* Core Music Player
* Android Music
* Rocket Player
* iHeart Radio: Best if you select "Play last station on startup"
* Pandora: Must select "Bluetooth for Automotive" in settings
* TuneIn: Best if you select "Auto restart Player"
* Slacker: Best if you select "Resume Play on Startup"
* Maple MP3 player. Note: Must set "Respond to Headset Buttons" to ON
* Many more
Update on Lollipop
Tested on Lollipop. All seems to work well. In fact, Bluetooth Friendly names now seems to be stable and functional!! Feel free to try :)
Explanation of Permissions:
* Network/Create Bluetooth connections: Obvious
* Phone Calls/Read phone state: If in a phone call, this app will wait until you hang up to start the music player
* System Tools/Change WiFi state: there is a Tweak that can turn off the WiFi if you want when Bluetooth connects.
* Network/view Wi-Fi state: support tweak Restore Wifi on disconnect so have to read Wifi state
2.03.19 fix defaults on new install. force kill player defaults to false (Droid issues)
2.03.17 add Hype Machine, Meo Music and Podcast addict
v2.03.14 Digitally Imported, BubbleuPnP, Liquid Bear and move to home screen on force stop
v2.03.09 KKBox player & Alias Names (Dont use unstable)
v2.03.08 any player easter egg (can u find it :) ) and add Mp3 Player
v2.03.06 fix vol selection & add MTV music app by Rapsody
V2.03.04 Added XiiAlive free and Pro (Use "Startup Resume" in their app)