I'm so bored with persons like Dora and other BENETTA. Why are you so STUPID ?!
CHANGE ****THE UNITS**** and USE ****INCHES**** NOT FEET !
- Dora, 5'2 = 62 inches, and 62 inches with 120lbs = 21.94 BMI !!!
- Charles and Erik, you are not obese, just stupid.
- Yes Charles, if you put 6 FEET in the INCHES text field and 175 lbs, yes the calculation can't be right. 6 foot = 72 inches with 175lbs = 23.73 BMI !!!
My application can not guess that you have not learned to read
- Tom, 25.38, OMG, yes, more than 25 your are overweight, BUT if you exceeded by only 0.38, or 1, seriously! think! A lipo between your ears to get to 25? It's on the house!
- tyler, are you kidding ? BMI is ONLY calculated with Height and Weight (see wikipedia).
***Weight/lbs*** | ***Tall/inches*** IF you choose IMPERIAL UNITS (menu button) OR
***Weight/kg*** | ***Tall/cm*** IF you choose METRIC UNITS (menu button)
/!\ I want to thank those who took the time to understand this simple app. Spelling errors in my description? Certainly, but English is not my native language ;)
@Matthew, you're absolutely right, I try to find time to make this small change but it is not easy. Change the unit without going through the menu and allow to set "feet & inches" is the ultimate goal to eliminate all problems. I'm totally zen ;)
This app is a "Body Mass Index Calculator".
BMI cannot be accurate for "athletes" or "muscular persons" ! It's written bellow, in the description of this app ! >>> "The result is valid for "normal" children/adults/m/f (but not for the muscular persons or "athletes"). The BMI formula is UNIQUE, for everybody.
Why there is no GENDER and AGE ?! Again, it's written at the end of the description.
**** The only thing that differs between adults and children is the "reading table". I give you a "general reading table" for ADULTS ONLY (Health Organizations did this, not me) ! The reading tables may differ between country or population (but really not so much... even if they exists). There is a more precise reading table for children 5/19 years made by WHO (World Health Organization : www.who.int). The general reading table is just an INDICATION. If you want some "real" information about your condition, ask your doctor ***
My current BMI is 24.81, 1kg more and OMAGAD I'm in "overweight". And what ? I lift some weights, I run, I'm relatively muscled so there is nonsense to calculate my BMI. If you do sport, if you are in god shape, why do you want criticize a tool who isn't made for you ?
If you start doing some sport, you can use this application to calculate your "first" BMI. When you begin to lose fat and gain muscle, you (maybe) will arrive in the "normal" zone. From there, if you continue to lose fat without gaining too much muscle, you can still calculate your BMI, the reading table will remain accurate for you. By cons, if you keep gaining muscle (AND/OR losing fat), from a certain point, calculate your BMI has absolutely no sense.
* Units: metric(cm - kg)/imperial(lbs - inches) (Use the menu button for changing that)
* Languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Croatian, Korean
* Long click on the result's zone to reset
FOR CHANGING UNITS, USE THE MENU BUTTON!
THE PROVIDED READING TABLE IS A "GENERAL" READING TABLE.
HOWEVER, IT APPLIES WITHOUT DISTINCTION TO (ADULTS) - MEN AND WOMEN -. YOU'RE NOT NECESSARILY IN OVERWEIGHT IF YOU EXCEED THE AVERAGE HIGH MORE THAN 0.1.
SO BEFORE YOU SAY "NOT ENOUGH FOR PRECISION" THINK ABOUT THAT.
HOWEVER IF YOU EXCEED 1 OR MORE OF THE "NORMAL" SLICE, THE READING TABLE WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF ITS ACCURACY.
BMI IS A SIMPLE "NUMBER". IT IS USED WITH OTHER TOOLS FOR SHAPING A PROFILE OF HEALTH.
Again, THIS APPLICATION IS A SIMPLE CALCULATOR. ONLY A DOCTOR WITH YOUR HISTORY OF HEALTH, YOUR BMI, ETC. CAN YOU GIVE MORE INFO ABOUT YOUR HEALTH/OVERWEIGHT/ETC accurately.
Wikipedia info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index
* Dithering is activated on the whole window, now gradients are smooth