BMTC Routes - A new platform for planning BMTC Volvo routes in Bengaluru, which requires a 3G or an EDGE connection to get the latest list of buses and the routes.
1. It allows the user to enter free text to search for an address. Some places are more commonly called by their old names. For e.g. Majestic, the application takes care of such scenarios. Most of the addresses in Bangalore are already in the database so the user will get the suggestions about then once he starts typing the search string, but in case it is not listed the user can still enter the address and the application will try to find the route for it too.
2. Most of the similar applications searches only for the direct bus routes i.e. both source and destination should be covered by the same bus which is a serious restriction given possibility of indirect routes is very high. BMTC Routes is the first application that can search for the indirect routes with high degree of precision.
3. Provides a very intuitive UI. Since the application is targeted to both technical and non-technical users, the simplified UI is key requirement.
4. Provides a list of routes from source to destination. The list has direct as well as indirect routes.
5. Provides the distance from Source to Destination.
6. Provides the route information to the user.
7. Provides a Route Map to the user from source to destination by drawing the route.
*This App is not affiliated by BMTC
**The buses covered are BMTC Volvo, Big Circle Buses and Airport Volvo.
*Minor bug fixes