With its BMW ConnectedDrive solutions tailored specially to electric vehicles, the BMW i3 / i8 is the first series-produced vehicle to be fully networked. Its networked BMW i Navigation system with Range Assistant and charging station indicator takes you to your destination along the most efficient route.
The BMW i Remote App is like an extension of your BMW i3 / i8 on your smartphone. With BMW TeleService specially developed for BMW i, your BMW i dealer will always know when you need a service.
The BMW i Remote App has extended features that enable drivers to make the best and most efficient use of their BMW i3 / i8 even when away from the vehicle.
Or maybe you simply want to know how efficient your own driving style is.
The BMW i Remote App can only be used in conjunction with a BMW i3 / i8 having an active BMW Assist™ contract, as part of BMW ConnectedDrive Services.
The following functions are supported by the BMW i Remote App (they may vary from market to market):
• Information about your battery’s charging status and vehicle range (electric and Range Extender range).
• Dynamic Range Map, which enables you to check whether a destination is within range.
• Display of driver and vehicle position on your smartphone.
• Set departure times, thereby optimizing battery usage.
• Display of various charging statuses.
• Utilize Remote Services (lock doors, preactivate the air-conditioning, and other remote functions).
• Display vehicle information (total miles, vehicle condition, servicing requirements).
• Navigate easily from your location back to your vehicle (Vehicle Finder) and transfer important destinations to the vehicle.
• Calculate the efficiency of your own driving style using your most recent route results, a CO2 counter, and other driving statistics. Compare these figures within the Community as well.
• Optimize your driving style using integrated tutorials.
The BMW i Remote App is available free of charge. It can be used on the basis of the general contract and usage conditions that apply to BMW ConnectedDrive Services.
Thank you for your interest in the BMW i Remote App.
For more information about our diverse BMW ConnectedDrive services, visit http://www.bmwusa.com/connecteddrive.
BMW i Remote App http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2014/i3/BMWi3/BMWiConnectedDrive/BMWiRemoteApp.aspx
• Long press in map: Create a POI and send it to the vehicle.
• Improved map performance: speed up your charging station search.
• Call a Bike POI: Find bikes near your favourite POIs or transit points (Only available in Germany).
• Bug fixes.