NEW! Ice Cream Sandwich-style redesign!
Board Games Online lets you play the classic strategy board games against other players anywhere in the world. The fun games offered currently include the following:
* Chess: Perhaps the most strategic board game in history, one could spend a lifetime trying to master Chess.
* Checkers: The standard game of draughts, where you must king your own men in order to eliminate your opponent's.
* Reversi: Also known as Othello, this game involves gaining the most territory by placing tiles on the board in ways that surround your opponents tiles, causing them to flip and become your own.
* Connect4 Pop: An exciting twist on the classic token dropping game. In this version, you can either drop tokens in the board, or pop one of your own tokens out of the bottom row, making the game far more strategic and interesting than the standard Connect Four.
The network has a comprehensive set of features allowing users to compete and interact, including:
* Timed games
* Long-term games that you can leave and resume at will
* Notifications for when it is your turn to play in a long-term game
* Standardized ELO scoring
* Leaderboards and user game statistics
* Global and in-game chat
* User profiles and avatars
* Friends and messaging
Additionally, while the focus of Board Games Online is to play, well, online, it offers an offline system to allow you to play with friends locally or against your Android phone.
Make sure to tell all of your friends to register, so we can get a thriving userbase of competitive gamers. Check back soon for even more games to be added.
- Permission removed: read contacts
- App entirely written with a slick new Android 4-style UI and Action Bar
- New navigation system (try swiping!)
- Create game rooms without leaving the lobby
- Continue to chat globally even during games (never lose the chat log)
- Tablet specific layouts with chat and other activities side-by-side
- App now rotates and displays better for all screen sizes
- Checkers now allows a "no forced jumps" gameplay option
- Board flips in local two-player