BOKA’S NOTES™ is a series of separate but unified notes containing quick and useful reference tools designed for use by medical students, interns, and residents studying internal medicine.
Initially conceived and compiled in 2010, as an intern survival guide, BOKA’S NOTES™ is created by a board-certified internal medicine physician and has undergone many updates and revisions. Already in use by dozens of medical students, interns, and medical residents, it is finally available in app format!
Check www.BokasNotes.com for available app formats and more information.
Possessing a unified resource as a pupil of medicine can be a daunting task, even in today's world where the Internet has made learning so much easier. Medical students, interns, and residents value their time and require a quick reference on how to walk, talk, write, and how to present their patients on rotations.
This is why BOKA’S NOTES™ was developed. The Notes aim to bridge the steep learning curve between medical school and the early years of residency. They also serve as useful references for senior residents and rotators.
These Notes are designed for the following groups in training:
1. Third- year medical students.
2. Fourth-year medical students.
3. Internal Medicine Interns (especially in their first 6 months of residency).
4. Senior medical residents wishing to refresh their minds quickly.
5. Rotating residents from emergency, family practice, obstetrics and gynecology, and surgery who are on the internal medicine wards or in the outpatient clinics.
6. Healthcare professionals interested in internal medicine.
Each Note is organized under the following five unique headings:
5. On Call
- In-app browsing!!
- Search in-app fully indexable
- Search Pubmed in-app
- Search medscape.com in-app
- Search google.com in-app
- Framingham coronary heart disease calculator
- Hemoglobin A1C-derived average plasma glucose generator
- Glomerular filtration rate calculator
- Outpatient Rotation Note
- Inpatient Rotation Note
- Intensive Care Unit Rotation Note
- Nephrology Rotation Note
- Ophthamology Note
- Analgesics Resources Note
- Antibiotics Resources Note
- Chest X-ray Resources Note
- Death Pronouncement Note
- EKGs Note (electrocardiogram)
- Electrolytes Resources Note covering Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus
- Procedure Note
- Rapid Response Note covering GI (gastrointestinal) bleeds, seizures, hypotension, CVA/stroke, alcohol withdrawal, shortness of breath
- Practice-Changing Literature with in-app hyperlinks/abstracts!!
- S.O.A.P. note/Patient Progress Note
- On Call Acute Altered Mental Status
- On Call Abdomen
- Abdominal Pain Differential Diagnosis Note
- On Call Arrhythmias
- On Call Chest Pain
- On Call Fever
- On Call Hyperglycemia
- On Call Hypoglycemia
- On Call Hypertension
- On Call Oliguria
- On Call Shortness of Breath
Enjoy & tell your friends and coworkers!
We would love comments, suggestions for improvement, and/or feedback. Please direct comments to drboka(at)bokasnotes(dot)com.