BooReader is a Synthetic Voice Text Speaker or Book Reader (TTS - Text To Speech engine used).
Don't waste your time! Just put on ear-phones and listen to. Keep your eyes healthy, don't burden them with reading fine fonts from tiny screen.
BooReader can automatically read aloud any text document or book for you. Use it while:
- you travel somewhere with public transport;
- you drive a car;
- do any household jobs;
- prepare to examination;
- listen to your night reading and so on...
Supported voices: any languages installed in your device. Unfortunately, not all TTS engines achive acceptable quality. I recommend, for example, the SVOx (available on the Android Market). If you have OS Android 2.1 or earlier you should install additionally "TTS Service Extended" (free on the Android Market).
- Extremely fast loading text documents of any length;
- Fluent reading due to dynamic caching of text blocks;
- Automatical splitting into pages;
- Automatical recognition of text document encoding (at the moment supported languages are: English, German, French, Russian. All other languages can be loaded with manual selection of encoding)
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- Color tracking of blocks that have allready been read and those to be read
- Can be used as a conventional book reader
[14.11.2012] Version 2.0
- Leaf pages with touchscreen
- Formatting text in background thread
- Corrected file loading (no more missed pages)
- Corrected sentences selection (no more missed sentences)
- HTML-formatted text support
- Added features from full version:
-- Pause by phone calls
-- Reload last file and page on next start
-- Unlimited speech time (no more annoying messages)
- Ads on screen top
[01.05.2012] Version 1.8
- Bug fixing.
[19.04.2012] Version 1.7
- Bug fixing. Possible crash.