BY INVITATION ONLY
Bria play is a special version of CounterPath’s industry-leading Bria mobile softphone which enables users to stay connected for free* and provides access to an exclusive community for a limited period of time. Invited users will be able to use a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection to make and receive calls, send instant messages and text messages, and initiate presence management to allow them to easily interact with other users while using the application.
To learn more about CounterPath’s mobile softphone applications, available for iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone and Android Tablet, visit the CounterPath website at www.counterpath.com.
*standard data roaming costs will apply if using a non-Wi-Fi connection.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not download unless you have been given a specific key code from CounterPath, as this application will not work without one. This version of Bria is also tied to CounterPath’s CCS and is not configurable for other services.
• Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
• Multi-tasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
• Seamless switching between mobile and Wi-Fi networks
• Integration with the existing contact list on your device
• Call display and voicemail indicator
• Speakerphone, mute and hold functions
• Call history with a list of received, missed and dialed calls
• Call recording
• Ringtones and contact avatars
• Dial plan support
• Custom wallpaper
• Multiple call support – swap between two active calls, merge and split calls, transfer calls (attended & unattended)
• Audio codecs include G.711a/u, G.729, AMR-WB, OPUS and SILK
• Automatic codec selection to ensure optimal call quality
• Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
Messaging and Presence
• Send and receive messages in real-time and see when contacts are available
• Connect with contacts on any SIP-compliant or chat platforms including Google Talk and Facebook
• Enable your enterprise IP PBX account to send and receive IMs with colleagues
• For XMPP and SIP SIMPLE protocols, including SMS (SIP SIMPLE/SMS usability subject to VoIP provider support)
• Uses the forward or rear-facing camera on your device
• Picture-in-picture view lets you see how you look to the person you’re calling
• H.264 and VP8 codec support
• Network traversal – Application managed, server managed or user specified; Global IP support; STUN & ICE
• Media efficiency and quality – Noise reduction, echo cancellation and VAD
• QoS (Quality of Service) – ToS Marking, DSCP
• Security and encryption via TLS and SRTP
• Call quality statistics
*IMPORTANT: VOIP OVER CELLULAR DATA NETWORKS*
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees or other charges in connection with VoIP use. CounterPath will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over 3G, 4G or LTE.
CounterPath's Bria mobile products provide handling designed to redirect emergency calls to the Native Cellular Dialer when possible on a best reasonable commercial efforts basis, however this functionality is also dependent on the operating system of the mobile phone which is outside of our control and subject to change at any time. As a result, the official position of CounterPath is that CounterPath’s Bria product is not intended, designed, or fit for placing, carrying or supporting Emergency Calls. CounterPath will not be liable for any costs or damages arising either directly or indirectly from the use of the software for Emergency Calls. Using Bria as a default dialer may interfere with dialing emergency services.
Bria play for Android Tablet 3.2.1
XMPP vCard fix
XMPP Avatar fix
Additional stability and performance improvements
If you encounter issues, please visit support.counterpath.com