In Bridge, the choice of a good strategy often depends on the correct evaluation of cards in hand to your opponents.
This evaluation is done trying to make the best use of all available informations:
bidding, played cards, etc ..., but an essential starting point is the knowledge of a priori probabilities of
the possible distributions.
The 'Bridge Stats' program examines all possible distributions of the cards of one suit in the opponent hands and calculates their probabilities.
'Bridge Stats' provides:
• the probability of each individual distribution
• the probabilities grouped by number of cards
• the probabilities grouped by score. using HCP or ZHP and BP
Ver.2 added Bridge Calculator provides:
• MP: Match Point, the standard score for tournaments.
• IMP: International Match Point, score corrected by means of an international conversion table
• RMP: Russian Match Point, score corrected taking into account the declarers's points (for Chicago)
"Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought.
The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand.
Thus do many calculations lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat: how much more no calculation at all!
It is by attention to this point that I can foresee who is likely to win or lose."
Sun Tzu, The art of war.
Keywords: Bridge Statistics, cards distributions, points honor, HCP, high cards points, Zar points, Banzai high cards points, Bridge Score calculator, score MP, match points, score IMP, international match points, score RMP, russian match points, Bridge Game, Contract Bridge, Duplicate Bridge, Chicago tournaments.
• added Bridge Calculator
• minor bug fixed