BT Cloud is a FREE online storage, backup and sharing service for BT Broadband customers. It automatically backs up everything you need and gives you the freedom to take all your precious content with you.
What you get:
- Organise your photos in one safe place, share them on email, Facebook and Twitter and access them on any device with an Internet connection
- Stream your favourite music and videos wherever you are on your smartphone, tablet and computer
- Have the latest version of all your documents and files with you at your fingertips
- Automatically backup all your files for peace of mind
- Know that all of your files are safe and secure on BT Cloud
How do I get it?
Download BT Cloud onto your smartphone, tablet and computer from bt.com/cloud/download or access through the secure web portal at btcloud.bt.com
What else does it do?
Organise your life: get all your content you keep on your smartphone, computer, tablet, USBs and hard drives and save it into BT Cloud for safe keeping. You can file everything into folders.
Share your content: share individual photos to entire albums and even the largest of files! Just send a private link so people can easily download what they need – they don’t even have to be a BT customer. You can even post things directly to Facebook and Twitter straight from your BT Cloud.
Get your files anywhere: you’ll never have to go without getting hold of your files again. Just log on to BT Cloud and see your photos, listen to your music, watch your videos and work on your documents when you need to.
Never waste time searching for your content: because everything is automatically backed up into BT Cloud, you will know that it’s all there together in one place.
If your PC crashes or you lose your phone: you don’t have to worry about losing your photos and documents too. With automatic backup, all of your files will be ready for you to download from BT Cloud onto your new device.
Work from the latest documents wherever you are: so no matter if you can’t get hold of your PC, you can use any other device to log onto BT Cloud and access that document you were working on. All the changes you make will be ready for you to access when you’re back on your PC!
Get your content even when you’re offline: so if you know you’re going to be out of Internet access and you’ll want to listen to your music or watch your videos, like when you’re travelling, you can do that by marking files “offline”.
We can be trusted: We will never use your personal content in marketing, profile your files to serve you targeted ads, or sell your data to any third parties. What you have in your BT Cloud is yours and yours alone. All your content is stored within the EU and protected by EU privacy laws.
How to use the BT Cloud app:
1. Download the app and activate your BT Cloud by following the directions on screen. You’ll need to be connected to the Internet.
2. Remember – this app is exclusively for BT Broadband customers! You’ll need your BT ID and password to log in. If you don’t have these, just follow the links in the app or visit bt.com/myextras.
3. After login, follow the set-up instructions to set auto backup and name your device.
4. The items you’ve selected for automatic backup will begin to transfer immediately. The speed of transfer will depend on the amount and size of your files and the speed of your 3G/Wi-Fi connection.
5. Don’t worry – your back-up will continue any time you have the app open and a data connection. You can choose in the Settings whether to allow back-up over 3G or only over Wi-Fi.
6. Visit bt.com/myextras to install BT Cloud on your computer and find out which other devices are compatible.
7. Check out how much storage you’re using via the icon at the bottom of the app or at bt.com/myextras – just click on the tile labelled ‘BT Cloud’.
Terms and Conditions apply – see bt.com/cloud/terms for details.
'- Support for Chromecast: view your content on your TV with BT Cloud
- Creating collections: create folders of your content that are available on all your devices
- Visual and usability improvements: updated folder structure and new grouping of your content by date
- Full support for Android 4.4