BT Cloud is a free online storage, backup and sharing service for BT Broadband customers. You can use BT Cloud to:
- store content from different devices in one easily accessible place
- set automatic backup for peace of mind
- view and edit files on the move
- share safely and privately with your family and friends.
NEW USERS: Remember to activate your BT Cloud before logging in for the first time. Just visit bt.com/myextras/anchor and click on the BT Cloud tile
BT Cloud is accessible via your smartphone, tablet, computer and through the secure web portal at www.btcloud.bt.com. For any login issues or support questions, contact [email protected]
- Automatic backup:
Keep your pictures and videos safe if anything happens to your iPhone or iPad. Simply turn it on and BT Cloud will keep an up to date copy of all your pictures and videos, which you can recover if your device is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Organise your digital life:
Get control over all the files and photos scattered across your different cameras, computers and devices, with one safe and private storage space.
- Access anywhere:
On-the-go access to all your files from the app, including files automatically backed up from your computer and other devices.
- Flexible working:
Edit your files in BT Cloud Sync and they automatically update across all your devices, so you can work and play seamlessly across multiple devices.
- Controlled sharing:
Share files and folders with selected friends by sending a link, or choose easy sharing to Facebook or Twitter. There are no size limits and you can stop sharing at any time.
- Offline access:
Mark selected files as ‘Offline’ so can watch your videos, see photo slideshows and listen to your music even when you’re not connected to the internet.
- Safe, secure and private:
We won’t use your personal content in marketing, profile your files to serve you targeted ads or sell your data to third parties. All your content is stored within the EU and protected by EU privacy laws.
Remember – the more devices you connect, the more files you can access and protect! What’s more, there is no limit to the number of devices you can connect to your account. Visit bt.com/cloud/download on your computer or other mobile devices to download BT Cloud.
How to use the BT Cloud app:
1. Download the app and activate your BT Cloud by following the directions on screen. If you are using BT Cloud for the first time, you'll need to visit bt.com/myextras/anchor and click on the BT Cloud tile to activate.
2. Remember – this app is exclusively for BT Broadband customers! You’ll need your BT ID and password to log in. If you don’t have these, just follow the links in the app or visit bt.com/myextras.
3. After login, follow the set-up instructions to set auto backup and name your device.
4. The items you’ve selected for automatic backup will begin to transfer immediately. The speed of transfer will depend on the amount and size of your files and the speed of your 3G/Wi-Fi connection.
5. Don’t worry – your back-up will continue any time you have the app open and a data connection. You can choose in the Settings whether to allow back-up over 3G or only over Wi-Fi.
6. Visit bt.com/myextras to install BT Cloud on your computer and find out which other devices are compatible.
7. Check out how much storage you’re using via the icon at the bottom of the app or at bt.com/myextras – just click on the tile labelled ‘BT Cloud’.
Terms and Conditions apply – see bt.com/cloud/terms for details.
We’re always making improvements to the app and product and we love to hear your views – so if you’ve got a comment or suggestion, just drop us an email at [email protected]
- Visual and usability improvements to the 'All Files' (home) view, which now shows your content grouped by file type for easier browsing
- Support for KitKat (Android 4.4)
- Improvements to general app stability
- Bug fixes
- Improved responsiveness to network conditions
- Improved responsiveness to new phone photos and videos