BT Broadband customers get FREE and unlimited BT Wi-fi access. Download the BT Wi-fi app now to get online at all of our 5+ million UK hotspots. When you’re out and about, connect to your nearest BT Wi-fi hotspot automatically without the need to re-enter your username and password.
You’ll need your BTiD or your primary email address (@btinternet.com or @btconnect.com) which was sent to you in your order confirmation email.
NOTE: The latest version of the app requires some additional permissions as we’ll be supporting new product groups in the future which are setup using SMS. These additional permissions won’t impact any of our current users and are included to support future customer groups. You’ll have to manually update the app and accept the permissions as auto-update won’t work for this release to allow you to do this.
NOTE: We’re aware of an issue affecting some users of Android 4.3+ that is stopping users connecting. Our developers are working to resolve this at the moment but it’s going to take us some time. In the meantime, if you would like to use BT Wi-fi, you can try disabling your devices ‘Auto network switch’ which in many cases will enable you to connect as usual. You can do this via: ‘Settings > WiFi > access the ‘Advanced’ menu and turn off ‘Auto Network Switch’
• Avoid 3G/4G bills. Surf, work, connect and play as much as you want at over 5 million UK hotspots.
• BT Broadband customers get FREE and unlimited BT Wi-fi. Just use your BTiD or @btinternet.com / @btconnect.com email address and password to set up automatic wi-fi connection. For a reminder go to http://www.bt.com/passwords
• BT Wi-fi voucher or subscription customers can enter your account details to automatically connect. Note: Some subscription products have usage thresholds beyond which overage charges apply. If you wish to avoid any unforeseen charges please refrain from using the app.
• Find one of our 5 million BT Wi-fi hotpots on the high street or in your neighbourhood with our built-in map
• Connect automatically to your nearest hotspots
• Connect to BT Wi-fi automatically, if available, if you ever have a problem with your broadband
• Non BT users can use the map to find their nearest free BT Wi-fi hotspot
• Help videos and step by step guides can help you if you’re having any problems
Need help? Tweet us @BTCare or email us using the ‘Leave us feedback’ section under ‘Help & Settings’ within the app. Our helpdesk will contact you to solve your issue and help you get online.
Minor change to hotspot locator