Bubbalon 2.0 is a complete location-based sentiment-sharing tool that allows users to “check out” anything and everything. Many location-based applications focus on check-ins, and very few do the opposite. And, in real life, check-ins is only half the game. Bubbalon 2.0 is a step toward integrating sentiment feedback into an everyday behavior, and users are rewarded for “check-outs” with karma points, ribbons, and pins. The equivalent of a “mayor” is called a “master”. By contrast to check-in apps, bubbalon doesn’t just focus on places. It also focuses on “stuff”. You can be a “fan” of your car, or a “fan” of a personality, or a “master” of chess. So in each geo area it becomes pretty clear what people are into, and it is also helpful to know what your friends love and hate (about this and that). BTW, instead of “friends” we now say “following” or “followed by” — easy concept, known to many from Twitter. So here is the list of “new and improved” (duh) Bubbalon 2.0!
Thanks for using Bubbalon.
1. Easy to use, single “check-it-out” button
2. Improved Foursquare connect feature — that allows you to receive notifications
3. Rewards system that encourages everyone to earn those ranks and ribbons.
4. Similarly to some well-known game mechanics, Bubbalon 2.0 encourages check-outs, and discourages non-participation.
5. Leaderboard feature that let’s you compare your karma “earnings” with your pals, and community champions.
6. Random overall awesomeness and improved UI.