With this new C64 Emulator (released 30.10.2013) you can get a very intuitive to use and good compatible Emulator (tested with DragonWorld, Little People Computer Project, Way Of The Exploding Fist, ... and many many other games). You can use 1 or 2 HID Joysticks/Gamepads (USB or Bluetooth) without any configuration! No submenus, no hundreds of settings. Easy and ready to use. Connect your HID Joystick/Gamepad with your android device, start the game, select the Joystick Port... that's it.
- "HID" Joystick/Gamepad support (USB and Bluetooth) for 2 Players
- "OnScreen Keyboard" (nice and easy to use: movable and resizable)
- Real C64 Hardware Keyboard "Keyrah" support
- "Smooth" Scrolling (OpenGL Graphics + 60Hz) and no lagging Sound
- Clean or Old TV Rasterlines Screen Emulation
- Load/Save Game Snapshots
- Automatic Saving the last Game-State in the background
- 1541 Compatibility Mode with Drive LED
- 50/60Hz (PAL/NTSC) Switch
- SID & ReSID Support
- Support for: D64, T64, X64, PRG, P00, LNX and CRT (only 16KB)
- Changable Disk while playing
- Joystick Port Switch
- Help Site
- Acer A500/A210/A211
- Asus TF300/TF700
- Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
- Galaxy S3/S4
- Galaxy Tab 2/3
- Neo X5
- Nexus 7
- NVidia Shield
How to use:
- Audio Calibration: If you are playing the first time, then the emulator has to do some Audio Calibration for each PAL/NTSC Mode (50/60 hz). This will take about 5-10 minutes. If the calibration was not successful you can try it again. For this you have to Clear the Data + Cache of the C64 Gold emu app (Android->Settings->Apps->C64 Gold->Clear Data + Clear Cache).
- Copy your C64 games [.d64/.t64/.x64/.prg/.p00/.lnx and .crt (only 16KB, tested with GYRUSS)] into a folder of your choice and press the SEARCH button. Then the emulator will find your game files (this can take 5-30 seconds).
- Connect your HID Joystick/Gamepad (USB or Bluetooth) with your android device. The emulator will use the Sticks, DPADs and Buttons automaticly in the right way without any configuration. But only if your Joystick/Gamepad is connected as HID device with the Android System.
- If your Joystick/Gamepad has no HID support, then you have to use the USB/BT Joystick Center GOLD App to configure the following Keys:
JOYSTICK PORT 1:
JOYSTICK PORT 2:
- OnScreen Keyboard and Hardware Keyboard (Keyrah): If the emulator and a game is running, then you can call the OnScreen Keyboard. For this please touch the screen at the bottom in the middle of the screen. You can move and resize it. Also there is support for the Keyrah USB Keyboard Adapter. The C64 Gold will pass thru all key presses of this connected hardware keyboard.
- If one game file will not work... then you can try to use the ",8,1" circle at the PRG button. Also you can activate the 1541 Floppy Switch for better compatiblity.
The famous C64 emulator frodo was made by Christian Bauer and ported to android by Arnaud Brochard. I've transformed this frodo version into a new frodo android "server" app and created also a new GUI client app for this server. You can ask for the source code of the frodo server app. The source code of my GUI Client App (that is connecting the frodo "server" app) you are not allowed to request.
- Added: Fix for Samsung S3 (Audio Calibration)