Go Farther with Avalanche Canada
Improved decision-making information for winter backcountry users. Created in partnership with MEC and TECTERRA, an interactive map gives you access to layers of geo-tagged information, including daily regional avalanche forecasts. Watch for updates coming soon!
- Completely new look and feel with the launch of Avalanche Canada – the Home of Public Avalanche Safety in Canada.
- Continued access to public avalanche forecasts
- New and improved mapping interface
- Information about essential avalanche safety gear
- Coming soon: Mountain Information Network – submit and view backcountry observations
4.03 - The Mountain Information Network enables recreational users to submit and view backcountry information gathered from the field. The geo-tagged submissions help other recreational users make better decisions, and provide Avalanche Canada forecasters with more data from the backcountry.
- Send and view Mountain Information Network submissions from mobile or web
- Create an account or login with Facebook, Twitter or Google.