Go Farther with Avalanche Canada
Improved decision-making information for winter backcountry users. Created in partnership with MEC and TECTERRA, an interactive map gives you access to layers of geo-tagged information, including daily regional avalanche forecasts. Watch for updates coming soon!
- Completely new look and feel with the launch of Avalanche Canada – the Home of Public Avalanche Safety in Canada.
- Continued access to public avalanche forecasts
- New and improved mapping interface
- Information about essential avalanche safety gear
- Coming soon: Mountain Information Network – submit and view backcountry observations
- The forecast will no longer open on pan only on click when interacting with the map.
- Fixed bug with external region links
- Modified date filters