*** As of 2012-08-25 this app becomes obsolete in favor of the DCIM Helper app. Please, migrate to it. The app is free for everyone with some extra features which require a one-time donation. Users of Camera DCIM will be automatically treated as special donors with everything unlocked. ***
*** Thank you for your support and happy picture taking! ***
Do you hate when iPhoto won't show the pictures you shot with your Android device, but it works fine with your friend's HTC Sense device? Why would that be?!?
That's simply because Google's camera does not comply with the DCIM standard , used by every other Digital Camera in the world (and HTC Sense does too!)
With this app, your Android device will be able to.
- DCIM compliant digital camera
- Full Gingerbread Camera, as of latest source code (Android 2.3.5)
- Camera DCIM can be installed together with the official Android Camera, no overlapping issues!
- Camcorder app has been unhidden and can be choosen from the application launcher (check first screenshot)
- Support for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X hosts (don't worry about Thumbds.db, ._IMG0001.jpg files and so on!)
- "Automagically" converts existing picture files in Camera dir to the DCIM naming.
Google has been notified of this issue on June 2009  but has ignored it.
I've submitted a fix for the official Android Camera on July 9th, 2011  with no reply. If you are able to build your own ROM, I welcome you to download the fix and apply it to your source code! HTC has built a DCIM compliant camera, after all.
If you don't know how to build your ROM, or just want it hassle-free, then this is your app.
In the spirit of Open Source, all the modified source code (in addition to the original fix) is available online to whoever wishes to check it out