Easy to use outdoor/offline navigation app with the best topographic maps of Canada.
This app gives you similar mapping options as you might know from Garmin or Magellan GPS handhelds.
*** Attention: Please use Toporama or Canada Base Map layer if you need most recent topo maps ! ***
Main features for outdoor-navigation:
• Bulk-download of map tiles for OFFLINE USAGE (not for Google and Bing maps)
• Create and edit Waypoints
• Create and edit Routes
• Route-Navigation (Point-to-Point Navigation)
• Track Recording (with speed, elevation and accuracy profile)
• Tripmaster with fields for odometer, average speed, bearing, elevation, etc.
• GPX-Import / Export, KML-Export
• Search (placenames, POIs, streets)
• Customizable datafields in Map View and Tripmaster (e.g. Speed, Distance, Compass, ...)
• Share Waypoints, Tracks or Routes (via eMail, Facebook, ..)
• Use Coordinates in UTM, WGS84 or MGRS
• and many more ...
Available map layers:
• Topomaps Canada (CanMatrix, seamless coverage at scales 1:50.000 and 1:250.000)
• Toporama Maps Canada (CanVec, NTDB, Atlas of Canada)
• Canada Basemap (CanVec, NTDB, Atlas of Canada)
• CanTopo (new Canada topos at 1:50.000, partial coverage of Can)
• Google Maps (Satellite images, Road- and Terrain-Map)
• Bing Maps (Satellite images, Road-Map)
• Open Street Maps (OSM Mapnik and Cloudemade Cyclemap)
• Hillshading overlay layer for OSM, Google, Bing or Toporama maps
Toporama Maps Canada: These are the most recent topographic maps of Canada. Can be enhanced with hillshading overlay.
Topomaps Canada: These maps contain many small pathes and 4WD tracks that are missing in Toporama, Google, Bing and OSM maps. This layer is essential for real outdoor and offroad trips in Canada. Seamless mosaic of more than 13.000 collar clipped 1:50.000 maps.
Use this navigation app for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, camping, climbing, riding, skiing, canoeing or offroad 4WD tours.
Preload FREE map data for areas without cell service.
Canadian topographic maps are enhanced with Atlogis® hillshading and placenames.
Credits for topographic map data: "© Department of Natural Resources Canada. All rights reserved."
Please send comments and feature requests to [email protected]
• Improvements & Fixes