Canon CameraWindow (Canon CW) is a free application which enables users to transfer images shot with Canon compact digital cameras (see below for compatible models) to Android devices via Wi-Fi and share these images in simple steps.
This application provides the following features to utilize images stored in a compatible Canon Compact Digital Camera:
1) Browse and playback images from your camera using your Android device.
2) Save one or multiple images to the Android device (You can also save images using the camera’s interface)
3) Use the Share option to share your images online via installed services such as E-mail and Facebook (requires access to a Wi-Fi network connected to the internet).
4) Acquire location information and add it to images on the camera (Only compatible camera)
5) Remote shooting with Android device touch operation (Only compatible camera)
6) Support for NFC equipped device (Only compatible camera)
Canon Compact Digital Cameras
PowerShot S110, IXUS 245 HS, PowerShot SX280 HS, PowerShot N, PowerShot ELPH 330 HS/IXUS 255 HS, PowerShot ELPH 130 IS/IXUS 140, PowerShot ELPH 120 IS/IXUS 135, PowerShot A3500 IS, PowerShot G16, PowerShot S120, PowerShot S200, PowerShot SX510 HS, PowerShot G1 X Mark II, PowerShot SX700 HS, PowerShot SX600 HS, PowerShot N100, PowerShot ELPH 340 HS/IXUS 265 HS
*You can either connect the camera directly to the device (set the camera as a simplified access point) or join an existing Wi-Fi network (using a Wi-Fi access point).
PowerShot ELPH 530 HS/ IXUS 510 HS, PowerShot ELPH 320 HS/ IXUS 240 HS
*Connection is possible only by joining an existing Wi-Fi network (using a Wi-Fi access point).
Android 2.3.3-2.3.7/4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4 (Tablets: 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4)
*Devices without GPS cannot use the location information tagging function.
Compatible File Types
[Transfer / Share images]
JPEG (photos), MP4 (video) and MOV (video) files shot with the above compatible models.
*The following application is required to transfer/convert the MOV files.
Canon Movie Converter
[Add location information]
JPEG (photos), CR2, MP4 (video) and MOV (video) files shot with the above compatible models.
If CameraWindow cannot connect to the camera, stop the application using “Manage applications” which can be found in the Settings menu of the Android device and start it again by pressing the CameraWindow icon.
Face ID function will record registered people's names to the images. Therefore, be careful when posting images online where others can view them.
*This application is not guaranteed to operate on all Android devices.
*Visit your local Canon Web pages for more details.
Improvement of the user interface design.