Control the brightness of the capacitive buttons (the back, home, and recent tasks buttons) on several devices in the HTC One series. Root is required in order for this application to work, but it works with any ROM.
NOTE: The "Pro" version of this app is updated 2-4 weeks earlier than the free version, and thus has some bug fixes and new features not available in the free version. If you'd like to get the latest fixes and features earlier, the pro version is for you. Otherwise, you can live a full and happy life with the free version. See the description in the pro version for details about differences between the free and pro versions.
Officially Supported Devices:
- HTC One X (evita, North American variant, dual-core)
- HTC One X (endeavoru, International variant, quad-core)
- HTC One X+ (evitareul)
- HTC One
- HTC One S
- HTC Sensation
Unofficially Supported Devices:
- HTC One V
- HTC Desire HD
- HTC Evo 3D
- Droid MAXX
- LG Optimus G
The "unofficially supported" devices have had at least one report of working but no development effort has (yet) been focused on them.
This application is free and open source, released under the GNU General Public License v3. The source code is available at https://code.google.com/p/hox-cap-butn-brightness, and further development information is available at the following thread on xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2496347
v1.0.13 (Dec 07, 2013)
- fix issue where buttons backlight sometimes turns off after a few seconds instead of staying on
- avoid cycling through the "dim" setting in the widget if dim is not even supported
- fix issue where "dim not supported" is erroneously reported on when selecting "off" brightness when dim is not supported (HTC One X international quad-core variant only)
- correct spelling error in a dialog: brigtness -> brightness
- HTC Sensation support added