Cardback notifies you of offers and discounts on your credit, debit and loyalty cards when you go to your favorite malls and markets :)
Apart from that, Cardback also gives information about reward points, EMI and cashback schemes, and other deals on your cards at restaurants, cafes, petrol pumps, supermarkets, departmental stores, electronics stores, apparel stores, spas, salons, parlors, online e-commerce websites, flight ticket booking sites, railway ticket booking sites, movies, plays, sports matches ticket booking sites and a lot of other places.
All you need to do is indicate which cards you have, and Cardback will keep notifying you whenever there are offers on your cards as you enter a mall or market. All this without remembering to open the app, and exactly when you need it - like just before making a payment!
And the best part? Cardback DOESN'T ASK FOR ANY CARD NUMBERS or confidential information. It's 100% safe!
We currently support more than 500 cards including these banks: HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Citibank, State Bank of India (SBI), Axis Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, American Express (Amex), IndusInd Bank, HSBC Bank
We also support the It's Possible Privilege Card Loyalty Card.
**Currently works best in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Explanation of Permissions
1. Precise location (GPS and network-based): we need this to identify your current location, so that we show you offers on your cards on places around where you are at the time of using Cardback.
2. Full network access: we need this to access the internet on your phone which is critical for our app to function.
3. View network connections: same as point 2
4. Receive data from Internet: same as point 2
5. Read phone status and identity: we need this to identify the screen size and resolution of your phone (not phone number or other sensitive information), so that we can optimize the app for your phone's screen size and resolution. Please be rest assured that this permission doesn't give access to your passwords, contact lists or phone numbers stored on your phone.
6. Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage: we need this to create a temporary cache of data received from our servers. This enhances your user experience and makes subsequent usages faster. Please be rest assured that we will NOT delete anything from your SD card!
7. Find accounts on the device: we need this to show you a list of your email addresses to ease out your signup process. You will never have to enter any passwords in Cardback. Signing up is as simple as tapping on an email address of yours, and we don't store any other email address apart from the one you tap on. Please be rest assured that this permission doesn't give access to your passwords, contact lists or phone numbers stored on your phone.
8. Test access to protected storage: we need this to allow you to transfer Cardback to your SD card. Without this permission, Cardback will always stay on your phone's internal memory, which may not be desirable for phones with lower internal memory. Please be rest assured that this permission doesn't give us any access to protected memory locations on your phone!
9. Control vibration: we need this to send you push notifications about popular offers running on your cards and addition of new offers. Please be rest assured that taking this permission does not imply that our app will drain out your phone's battery. It will only use your phone's battery when we send you a notification.
10. Prevent device from sleeping: same as point 9
11. System tools - Automatically start at boot, get running tasks: This is needed in order to notify you about the offers, even when the app is in background.
- Turn off notifications, or their vibrations and sound, at the touch of a button :)
- Performance improvements & bug fixes
- Easy to use: Offers are now clubbed with venues. No multiple rows for that same cafe again and again
- Automatic notifications : Get notified about the offers on your cards at a mall / market when you enter the place, without even having to open the app