This app is a convenient way to learn how to stay healthy with a kidney transplant. It provides the answers to frequently asked questions about how and why it is important to follow all of the instructions and recommendations from your transplant team.
Designed using a ‘Question & Answer’ format to help you self-manage your kidney transplant, along with ongoing care and support from your transplant and other health care team members. With a few quick taps you will be able to:
• understand the importance of taking anti-rejection (immunosuppression) medications.
• minimize complications associated with kidney transplant including heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, bone disease, certain cancers, and infection.
• communicate with your health care providers for better coordination of care.
• follow a healthy lifestyle with exercise and proper diet.
• find information on community and other resources that can help with medication costs.
• access additional materials on kidney transplant.
Easy, quick and organized by:
• Rejection and Transplant Medicine
• New-Onset Diabetes After Transplant
• Heart disease
• High blood pressure
• High cholesterol and blood lipids
• Stop smoking
• Healthy weight
• Bone disease
• Mental Health
• Healthy lifestyle
• Patient Assistance Programs
• More information