I missed the HUD in my corvette when in my daily driver, so I decided to throw this app together. I'm using the AppRadio 3 so my "sender" device is the one playing music, but I wanted the track info on the HUD so the result is this app. It's a work in progress, but I thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who wants to try it.
Has limited features as a standalone, works best as sender/receiver combo with two android devices.
Right now it supports:
- Color picker for HUD display
- Google maps navigation info from the sender to receiver. This requires at least android 4.3 on the sender and you must enable carhud under android Settings -> Security -> Notification Access.
- Cobra iradar alert and battery info display
- Metric values option
- Full screen brightness option
- Keep display on option
- Popup message for incoming calls, sms alerts
- Poweramp API integration (gets current track without having to wait for metadata), other media apps should show track information when the track is changed
- OBD2 or GPS speed, OBD2 also shows rpm with bar and water temp
- Bug fixes.
- Sender GPS enabled and temp bug fix
- Adaptive layout sizing
- Mock GPS locations
- GPS data from sender option
- Fix gps time bug
- GPS local temp option added (requires data)
- Now using action bar for settings (fix for tablets)
- Revamped settings to dynamic list
- Can now enable/disable certain displays
- Added GPS elevation and time
- initial google play release