CarryMap Observer is a client app provided for work with mobile offline maps made in ArcGIS (Esri).
CarryMap mobile maps in .cmf format can be prepared in ArcMap and exported from ArcGIS maps with the CarryMap extension to ArcGIS for Desktop ( http://www.dataeast.com/en/Carrymap.asp ).
Exported maps can be uploaded to the Android devices. As well, mobile maps can be imported back to ArcGIS on another computer with ArcGIS and CarryMap extension installed.
CarryMap Observer features:
• Map navigation (Zoom in, Zoom out, Pan) and rotation.
• Identifying features on the map.
• Search for features on the map by attributes.
• Point data collection in the field by adding pushpins with descriptions.
• Point pushpins import/export to KML (KMZ) files.
• Displaying current location using GPS.
• Distance measurement.
• Measurement units changed to miles and kilometers (miles used as default units)
• The error with a password asked for any map larger than 2 GB has been fixed
• Any number of pushpins can be exported to KMZ files
• Custom search can be selected in the Search menu on the tablets
• cmf-file names now shown instead of mobile map names in the map list
• Warning about the map validity period is now prompted when first open if any time limit is set for the map
• Added support for Android 5.0 Lollipop