CATA+ (CATA Plus) displays real-time information about the buses around the Penn State campus and State College. CATA+ provides a more reliable, more functional, and faster experience than the official CATA app. This is not the official CATA app and the developer of this app is not related to CATA (Centre Area Transportation Authority).
Features(Many configurable through the settings menu):
* Single map view with drawer for quick access
* Real-time bus location information from CATA's website for all routes including the Game Day Buses
* Show Stops along the route
* Tap a stop to show the stop's name and upcoming departures
* Location Information
* Displays your GPS location and the closest stop to each route on the map
* CATA static schedule information for each route cached on your device
* Create and edit your own Route Groups. Combine your most traveled routes and show them all on a single map.
* Reorder Routes and Route Groups to your own custom settings. Everyone has routes they ride the most and you can pick what's at the top of your list
* App Update notifications
Route data such as the map, stops, and schedules are stored on your device and updated periodically. An internet connection is required when you first start the app to download the initial set of data. This data is on your device to save bandwidth, decrease loading times, and better the overall user experience. Schedules can be accessed whether you have an internet connection or not.
If you have issues or would like to let the developer know something, please email [email protected]
* Updated the URL for CATA's website which is changing Saturday 2014-10-04. You must upgrade for the app to continue working. Sorry for the very short notice.
* Fixed route colors on swipe drawer