CellMapper is an application that displays advanced GSM/CDMA/UMTS/LTE low level data and can also record this data to allow you to create a coverage map. This in turns helps others find out how good coverage is in the areas mapped.
CellMapper works on both tablets (with or without a cellular radio) and cell phones. The map is available in Android 2.2 or later due to Maps API only supporting this version of Android or later.
- Displays map of mapped (or calculated) towers, and currently connected tower
- Dual SIM support for Mediatek, Qualcomm, and Samsung Duos devices
- Displays advanced CellID info (LTE: RSRP, RSRQ, SNR, CQI, Timing Advance for LTE-TDD. CDMA: ECIO, EVDO ECIO, SNR. UMTS: PSC)
- Advanced processing of data if is uploaded to the site (per sector coverage of cell tower, signal trails, advanced cell tower location triangulation) (optional)
- Local calculation of cell tower points (enable feature in Change Provider dialog)
- Support for both Google Maps and OpenStreetMaps
Note: The data on the site and within the app is generated shortly after it is uploaded Locally calculated (less accurate) data is available instantly from within the app.
Currently supported networks:
- CDMA (limited, many phones do not implement the API correctly)
To start contributing, simply go into the Settings screen and enable "Live Upload." Once this is enabled, simple press the home button and CellMapper will run in the background and send data as you move. You can always close CellMapper by using the menu and selecting exit on the main screen.
Alternatively, you can use "Upload and Statistics" screen to upload data at any time later on through wifi.
View your results at CellMapper.net
- Fixed bad MNC reported on Nexus 7 3G (2012) when using new CellID API
- Added Finnish translation
- Add ability to log in/register in app to gain credit for mapping