The Chambers Thesaurus is the perfect reference for writers and word game enthusiasts, while all lovers of language will find it a pleasure to browse through. There are nearly 40 000 distinct indexed words, and a total of about 400 000 synonyms and antonyms.
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused. Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
- Cross-reference to offline and online dictionaries
There are also standard bookmark, recent word and random word features. No Internet connection is required.
The Chambers Dictionary is also available, and can easily be cross-referenced.
- Updated to Chambers Thesaurus 4th Edition
- New user interface, and full tablet support
- v2.1 fixes bugs