Chaozhuyin is the best Chinese phonetic symbol Input Method (Bopomofo IME) on Android platform. It is very easy to use with zero learning curve.
● To input a Chinese phrase, you only need to input the first phonetic symbol of each word, and you can add any remain symbols arbitrarily to narrow down the candidates you may want.
● NEW! Proximity correction: it'll smartly guess what word or phrase you want to input from neighbor keys.
● Provide several kinds of skins and colors of the soft keyboard. Keyboard and font size can be adjusted freely.
● NEW! Swiping keyboard!
● NEW! English input method.
● NEW! Keyboard fan-shaped selector.
● NEW! Candidate selection dropdown.
● NEW! You can remove your user phrase now. (By swiping down on the phrase to be deleted.)
● NEW! Yitian keyboard layout.
● NEW! Up/down/left/right arrow keys, and voice recognition button.
● NEW! Move the system phrase database file to and from SD card.
● NEW! Backup/restore user phrase by yourself.
● With great functionality of word or phrase guessing.
● Lexicon contains all the cities, streets, and roads name all around Taiwan.
● Support mobile and tablet devices, support hard keyboard.
● Able to import Chinese names in your contacts.
● Able to output Simplified Chinese.
● Support Android 2.3+.
Ver 2.7.1 changes:
● Now you can select various key sounds.
● Pressing [Enter] in Hangouts will only output a line feed rather than send message.
Ver 2.6.9 changes:
● Due to the limitation of the new Google Play services APIs, the lowest version requirement of Android is adjusted to 2.3.