★ Top Developer (awarded 2013) ★
Checkers Free from AI Factory has arrived! Strongest Checkers on Android. Sharing the high quality and performance as the rest of our games, Checkers Free brings classy graphics, super smooth gameplay, highly scalable difficulty & much more!
- 12 difficulty levels, from Beginner to Expert
- 2 player hot-seat
- 6 Checkers Piece Sets and 7 Boards!
- User stats against each level
- Undo & Hints
- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
- Supports both non-compulsory captures (popular rules) and compulsory captures (official US/English rules)
Tested against and beats Checkers Pro!
Supported by unobtrusive Ads.
*Note: Requested permissions are a requirement of the in-game ads only. The Paid version has no ads, and therefore no permissions beyond writing to external storage.*
The new version 1.33 adds the following permissions
This allows various bundled options but is used simply to allow the Home key press to be detected and for no other purpose.
This permission is used simply to detect the difference between a program exit and entry into a new sub app.
This is used simply to ensure that exit ads cannot interrupt a phone call.
This is simply to allow local ads to only appear in that local territory.
Checkers (AKA Draughts) is one of the world's most popular board games. The earliest records of this game date back to the Egyptians 3500 years ago. In more recent times this has been most favoured by the USA and Scotland, the two countries to provide the most World champions in this game. In England and Scotland this classic board game is known as English Draughts. This implementation has been designed to provide a strong engine, even if only running on a mobile phone. Unlike many commercial Checkers programs, it correctly plays the common 2K v K, essential for quality checkers/draughts play.
- Major Update! Now more closely aligns with sister app, Chess Free.
- Faster and stronger AI, with 2 extra levels.
- Overhaul of screen layouts, with landscape mode added for large screen devices.
- Taken pieces now displayed.
- Support for standard openings.
- Review Game mode added.
- Options for board coordinates, hide undo button, and disabling draw detection.