NEW! Ice Cream Sandwich-style redesign!
Checkers Online lets you play the classic board game of Checkers against other players anywhere in the world!
Checkers Online is part of the Resonos Games Network, a collection of online multiplayer abstract strategy board games. The collection currently includes Chess, Checkers, Reversi, and Connect4 Pop. Each game is offered individually for free, or you can pay a small price for all four fun games in one package.
The network has a comprehensive set of features allowing users to compete and interact, including:
* Timed games
* Long-term games that you can leave and resume at will
* Notification for when it is your turn to play in a long-term game
* Standardized ELO scoring
* Leaderboards and user game statistics
* Global and in-game chat
* User profiles and avatars
* Friends and messaging
Additionally, while the focus of Board Games Online is to play, well, online, it offers an offline system to allow you to play with friends locally or against your Android phone.
Make sure to tell all of your friends to register, so we can get a thriving userbase of competitive gamers. Check back soon for even more games to be added.
- Permission removed: read contacts
- App entirely written with a slick new Android 4-style UI and Action Bar
- New navigation system (try swiping!)
- Create game rooms without leaving the lobby
- Continue to chat globally even during games (never lose the chat log)
- Tablet specific layouts with chat and other activities side-by-side
- App now rotates and displays better for all screen sizes
- Checkers now allows a "no forced jumps" gameplay option
- Board flips in local two-player