You are people who like to play board games?
Especially designed for kids to have fun and to support sequential learning of chess game.
Our hope is that the usage is very easy and pleasant, because the application is inspired by art.
Why playing chess?
Playing chess game is extremely helpful, because it develops and increases several mind capabilities like:
1. Analytical skills
3. Strategic thinking
4. Concentration level
6. Patterns recognition
7. More others
What is this?
Inspired by art, interactive chess game for playing by everyone (beginners and grand masters, children and adults, planners and improviser)
Especially designed for kids to have fun, to develop mind capabilities and to support sequential learning of chess game.
How to play?
Just start & play! (the help reference could be used at any time during the game under main menu)
The game is supporting different playing modes and difficulties as well as more other features:
1. Incorporated offline help.
2. Moving by drag and drop as well as by selecting from and to squares.
3 Supports 3 different modes - free style, pieces aware, all chess rules. By default it runs in standard chess mode and if you want to play free style or pieces aware modes than use menu/rules.
4. Incorporated chess engine for levels 5, 6 and 7 of playing mode 'All Chess Rules'.
5. Supports different color palettes and chess pieces sets for different tastes.
6. The computer player has several difficulty levels as well. On the strongest level the ELO rating is about ~2500 (measured in the human system and depending on the device computing power).
7. Supports portrait and landscape orientation.
8. Supports tablets and phones (tested on Samsung Galaxy Phones, ASUS and Kindle Tablets).
Most of the icons/images/pictures including chess pieces inside are drawn or modeled by children - don't expect big preciseness but expect uniqueness and fun.
Inspired by drawings and clay models of chess pieces, developed by children, I have decided to create this chess game application for Android.
My initial intent was to inspirit these creatures. Than I also found sense in sharing this application with other people in order to provide one more way for having fun as well as to learn chess game and extend strategic thinking capabilities.
1. Your feedback and/or review is more than welcome.
2. In case of any question or problem with the application or you want to add your own images of chess pieces - just write us an email! You can also visit our home page http://chessartforkids.com/
Chess is a two-player strategy board game played on a chess board, a checkered game board with 64 squares arranged in an eight-by-eight grid. It is one of the world's most popular games, played by millions of people worldwide in homes, parks, clubs, online, by correspondence, and in tournaments.
Each player begins the game with 16 pieces: one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops, and eight pawns. Each of the six piece types moves differently. Pieces are used to attack and capture the opponent's pieces, with the objective to 'check-mate' the opponent's king by placing it under an inescapable threat of capture. In addition to checkmate, the game can be won by the voluntary resignation of the opponent, which typically occurs when too much material is lost, or if checkmate appears unavoidable. A game may also result in a draw in several ways, where neither player wins. The course of the game is divided into three phases: opening, middlegame, and endgame.
Bugfixing (thanks for reporting the issues),
Updated scores table,
Updated home page (e.g. added youtube video),
Added rectangle logo in the bottom when the phone is not online,
Added notifications (e.g. earned achievement)