The chess memory trainer offers you a challenging and effective way to improve your memory and visualization skills.
To solve a puzzle you will go through the following stages:
* Memorize a position
* Visualize it
* Find either all attacked pieces or all undefended pieces
The trainer offers you 3 different difficulty levels:
* Easy: Occupied squares stay highlighted during answering and positions are natural.
* Normal: Occupied squares are no longer highlighted and positions are natural.
* Hard: Occupied square not highlighted and the board is filled randomly with up to 25 pieces.
Based on the positions complexity you had to memorize you will gain experience points (except on difficulty level easy) by answering correctly. Every time you accumulate 1000 experience points, you will move up one level. The higher your level, the less time you have to memorize the positions (answering time is always infinite).
As this is a mobile app, it's very likely that at some point you will be distracted during memorizing a position. This is why this trainer will not punish incorrect answers or time-outs with experience removal. It will, however get harder and harder to be rewarded with experience as you level up.
The chess memory trainer offers currently 300 positions for practice on easy and normal difficulty levels and a near infinite amount of positions on hard difficulty level. Note that random positions are created in the following way:
1. Determine a random number of pieces we're going to place on the board (min. 10, max. 25)
2. For every piece to place, generate a random piece type and piece coordinates
This means that you are likely going to end up with an illegal position that makes little sense to the chess player's eye. It will be very hard to correctly memorize and visualize those positions, which is why you will receive twice the amount of experience points on hard difficulty level + a complexity bonus based on the number and type of pieces on the board.
****** CHANGES IN VERSION 1.4.2 ******
* Users now earn XP for every piece they marked correctly, this should be a motivation boost for beginners
* Your accuracy is now being measured
* Fixed division by zero crash which happened if both solution and answer were empty
* Screen stays on while training
* Fixed app freeze when screen is turned off (also if happens manually)