Play chess against friends around the world or simply the computer with our chess app.
The famous strategy board game chess, also known as the royal game, is played by moving the chess pieces (black and white) in turns across the game board. The rules of the game state that a game of chess is won if no more moves are possible and the opponent's king, the most important chess piece, is in checkmate.
We have packed the best strategy and tactical board game in a free app, with three different online variations.
- Single-player: play on your own against the computer. Here you can learn how to play chess or simply improve your chess skills.
- Local multiplayer: the same rules of the game as in the single-player-mode against the AI.
The board game is played on only one mobile device, however not as a computer game but rather by trying to checkmate your friend through logical thinking and your chess pieces, such as pawn, rook, queen, bishops, knight and king.
- Online multiplayer: logical thinking and online strategy with online chess against chess players around the world. Organise your own world championship. If your online opponent has also downloaded our free app, you can play on more than one mobile device.
The online multiplayer mode offers the following functions:
- For every checkmate against your online opponent, Elo points will be credited for your glorious chess moves across the board.
- If you win an online game against an opponent who is particularly good at playing and already has many Elo points, you will also get more Elo points to your player account for a checkmate.
- The more Elo points you have earned by playing chess, the higher you will rise in our ranking list.
- During the game of chess you can open a chat, so that you can chat with your opponent around the world or analyze your chess moves.
- An online friend's list enables you to invite your friends to a free online chess.
- Our free chess app is available worldwide. You can play against opponents from around the world and show them how good your logical thinking and your tactical game is, how you perfectly master your chess moves and chess pieces and how you check and mate your opponent.
- You can see your opponent's country of origin.
Play Chess against online players from around the world, start your own world cup, beat your opponent with your chess array, improve your strategy and tactical game and increase the Elo points in your account. Will your chess moves and chess game checkmate your opponent?
Improve your chess game and become a real chess world champion like Anatoly Karpov, Garry Kasparov or Vladimir Kramnik. Use tactical moves like castling, where rook and king of one colour are moved.
Use different opening moves like the Italian, Spanish, King's Gambit, French, Caro-Kann, Sicilian, Pirc defence, modern defence, Scandinavian, King's Gambit declined, King's Gambit accepted, Blackmar-Diemer Gambit, Nimzo-Indian defence, Queen's Indian defence, King's Indian defence, Grünfeld defence, Benoni defence, Dutch, English or the Sokolsky opening.
We hope you like our free board game, even if it's only available in 2D and unfortunately not in 3D. Chess is definitely more challenging than other board games such as Nine Men’s Morris, Draughts, Halma, the Settlers of Catan, Backgammon, Ludo, Mahjong or Connect 4.
We would appreciate feedback (even if it's critical) on our free Online Chess.
Simply write a mail to the provided support address.
- Push-messages to invite players that are offline.
- inApp-purchase for switching off the ads.