If you’re visiting Chester anytime soon don’t miss out on the great new way to experience the city.
Walls Quest is a new GPS game-based guide to Chester. If you have never visited before you’ll see everything Chester has to offer from the shops, the racecourse, the cathedral, the castle and all whilst having fun on the famous Roman walls. If you know Chester well then you will be able to find out even more about the history of this fascinating city. For instance did you know that:
– Chester was formed in 79AD as a Roman Fort as was originally called Deva Victrix?
– That the East Gate clock is the second most photographed in the country?
– That Anglo-Saxon warriors wore more bling than most hip-hop stars?
Walls Quest challenges you to move around the Chester Walls using the GPS Quest map, take part in challenges to earn points and unlock rewards that you can play long after your visit. You will be able to watch videos of Queen Aethelfled rallying her troops right on the spot you are standing, take photos of yourself as a Roman gladiator, and hear directly from the main characters that make up Chester’s illustrious history.
This is the most enjoyable way to experience Chester using your phone. It’s incredibly simple and yet insanely addictive once you get started – can you complete the circuit and rise to the top of the Walls Quest leaderboard? You’ll come away knowing a whole raft of interesting facts and stories that you can impress your friends with and all this is completely free.
Good luck with your Walls Quest.
• Walls Quest requires the built-in GPS of the phone or tablet device;
• Devices without a built-in camera won’t be able to complete the photo challenges;
• Due to the nature of Walls Quest we ask you to be careful whilst using this app in Chester. You will be crossing roads and walking through public spaces so please be vigilent of hazards and obstacles. You are fully responsible for your actions whilst playing this game and by playing the game you hold Chester Renaissance and Cheshire West and Chester Council and all subsideries harmless for any and all subsequent consequences of your actions.
• Please report any issues on our website so we can continue to improve your experience – visit www.explorethewalls.com/wallsquest
UPDATE: As yet the Google Nexus 7 tablet is not presently supported by this app as it has no front-facing camera.
TIP: Thanks to the reviewer who pointed out that it is best to download this app via Wi-Fi as it contains large chunks of videos and audio. You are able to download the main app and then go into the 'Information' section to download the video and audio assets separately. This is especially important for international visitors, please connect to a Wi-Fi network to download so you won't be charged your roaming data charges.