Official Advanced English-Chinese Dictionary by Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press • Contains over 380,000 words, phrases and examples • A wealth of explanations on use and grammar • No internet connection needed.
Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press (FLTRP) is one of the top publishers of authoritative high-quality dictionaries in China and is comparable to any top European dictionary maker. Its dedicated team of lexicographers makes use of a vast array of language data to compile up-to-date dictionaries with a wealth of examples and grammatical information.
This app contains both an English to Chinese and Chinese to English dictionary, perfect for beginner to advanced learners of Chinese and English.
• An Advanced English-Chinese Dictionary by FLTRP, 1st Edition.
• Little Chinese-English Dictionary by FLTRP, 1st Edition.
Features of this dictionary:
• clearly presented word entries and phrases totalling 40,000 for Chinese and 80,000 for English.
• 50,000 Chinese and 210,000 English examples from contemporary language.
• includes 5000 newly coined terms as well as encyclopedic entries, e.g.'非典'→ SARS, '狗仔队'→ paparazzi.
• all word entries are annotated with their pronunciation. Pinyin for Chinese words and IPA (phonetic alphabet) for English.
• enter Chinese using Pinyin or built-in handwriting recognition software.
• no internet connection necessary to use dictionary.
• History menu lists all your recent word searches.
• Save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• Mark flashcard words which need you still need to memorize.
over Android 2.2 platform
* You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.[email protected]
support for Android 4.1 (JellyBean) added