A light weight yet faster CHM eBook Reader for tablet and phone with following features:
1. Better performances using highly optimized CHM parsing engine. Especially it can open large CHM file (>100M) file much faster than other readers.
2. Better compatibility with ill-formatted CHM document. It can open some file which couldn't be opened by other readers.
3. Content tree view support.
4. Search function
5. Full screen support
6. Keep reading state such as page postion, zoom level between different read sessions.
7. Support CHM, HTML,MHT,Text, Image files.
8. Use volume down/up to turn pages
9. Associated with CHM/HTML file in the file manager. (Only work with certain file managers, e.g. OI File manager)
10. Bookmark support.
11. Support language encoding setting in case the CHM file can't display charset properly.
12. Support low light mode.
13. Support embedded PDF files.
14. Support embedded MHT files ((limited support, fix in progress).
15. Support fast scroll. Just drag the scroll bar to fast scroll.
16. Tap top and bottom of page to navigate.
KNOWN ISSUES ON KIT KAT
In Kit Kat, due to Google changed the webview engine with Chrome which has many bugs and compatibility issues. Some of features is not working. I'm working to find work around of those issues.
1. Reflow function is broken for some CHM file. So you may need to scroll left/right to view the pages. After latest upgrade 4.4.2, seems Google partially fixed this issue. So some of the file reflow works again, but not all.
2. Set the zoom level function is not working properly, so if you changed the zoom level, when switch to different page, the zoom level will be reset. After 4.4.2 upgrade, seems Google is trying to fix this issue. so now the zoom level is persisted. But I notice a new issue, for certain file, once zoom in, you can't zoom out to original level, the work around, is to "clear history" from scratch.
Internet Access Permission: to open external link to internet embedded in some CHM files.
FEEDBACKS AND ISSUES
Please help to leave a rating if you like it.
Please make sure to send me a email if there's any issue, I'll try to find a solution asap. Just leaving a comments on Play or just send a message on crash report won't help as I have no way to communicate back so I can't know the details for trouble shooting.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
If you are not satisfied for any reason within one week. I'll make a FULL REFUND without any question, and you can still keep it. To request a refund, MAKE SURE to me an email with order date and order number. If you just leave a BAD feedback, I have NO way to identify which transaction to refund.
1. Can't see the menu buttons to enable all the functions.
In Android 4.0 and above, the menu button is a list of 3 vertical dots on the right-bottom side of the screen.
2 when clicking link on the content page, It has lag in response in certain devices.
As content page is an HTML page, when you click a link, the browser sometime will treat it as pan event instead of click event if you hold you finger a little bit longer on screen, in that case browser won't open the link. So the solution is make sure to click very briefly, don't touch screen for longer time.
V2.1.150526: Add options to disable click to turn page function and disable volume control function. Fix bug page position is not saved.
V2.1.150503: Fix URL issue. Fix crash issue.
V2.1.150309: Support MHT. Fix bugs.
V2.1.150301: Support embedded MHT files. Add 10px margin.
V2.0.141012: Support multiple word search, increase search limit to 1000.
V2.0.140914: Fix crash issue for certain chm with "/" link.
V2.0.140810: Fix Icon blur issue. Fix some crash issue.