CIBC Mobile Payment™ App
A new, fast and safe way to pay with your CIBC credit card using your smartphone. Available on Rogers, Bell, TELUS and Virgin Mobile.
Whether you’re grabbing coffee, buying movie tickets or picking up groceries, there’s no need to fumble for cash. Now you can use the CIBC Mobile Payment App on an eligible Android smartphone to pay. Rest assured, the CIBC Mobile Payment App has multiple layers of security protection making it just as secure as using your CIBC credit card.
To use the CIBC Mobile Payment App, you’ll need:
- a data plan with Rogers, Bell, TELUS or Virgin Mobile.
- a Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, SIII or Note II**, or an HTC One M7. Please ensure you have made all phone software updates prior to downloading the App.
An activated Bell, TELUS or Virgin Mobile NFC SIM card or Rogers suretap NFC SIM card. A new SIM card may be required.
o Rogers wireless clients can get the suretap SIM by visiting a Rogers store, calling 1-888-ROGERS1 or ordering the SIM online http://www.rogers.com/web/content/sim-cart
o Bell wireless clients can get the NFC SIM by visiting a Bell store, calling 1-800-667-0123, or ordering the SIM online http://www.bell.ca/mobilepayments
o TELUS wireless clients can get the NFC SIM by visiting a TELUS store or ordering the SIM online http://www.telus.com/mobilepayments
o Virgin Mobile Members can get the NFC SIM by visiting a Virgin Mobile store http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/find-a-store.html.
For more information about Virgin's NFC SIM, visit
- A CIBC Credit Card
CIBC Mobile Payment App features include:
- Use for purchases up to $100
- Can be used at thousands of participating locations in Canada and abroad—just look for the contactless symbol at checkout
- Ability to lock the CIBC Mobile Payment App with an optional passcode
- Cardholder protection for unauthorized transactions*
- Trusted encryption technology to store your credit card on the chip in your smartphone
- Track your mobile purchases on your CIBC credit card statement, or through online or mobile banking
- Accumulate rewards with a CIBC rewards credit card
Download the App today, or visit www.cibc.com/mobilepayment for more information.
Please Note: CIBC does not support the use of the CIBC Mobile Payment App on rooted phones.
™ CIBC Mobile Payment™ is a trademark of CIBC.
* You are not liable for unauthorized credit card transactions as long as you comply with the CIBC Cardholder Agreement, which includes reviewing each monthly statement and reporting possible unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to CIBC within 30 days after the statement date.
**Not available for Virgin Mobile
We’ve added two new time saving features to the CIBC Mobile Payment App:
1) Learn more about CIBC Mobile Payment App improvements, CIBC mobile services and offers by clicking “What’s New”.
2) Check your credit card balance and transactions through an in-app CIBC Mobile Banking link.