IMPORTANT: This application only works with a Cisco IP Interoperability and Collaboration System (IPICS). If you are unsure if your company provides access to a Cisco IPICS server, please contact your IT department. You cannot use this application without an account on a Cisco IPICS server.
Cisco® Instant Connect Application is used for two way push to talk communications on Android™ devices using on premise enterprise push to talk servers. Cisco's Instant Connect application is perfect for connecting users over corporate Wi-Fi networks on-premise or off-premise networks at the instant push of a button.
• Low costs: Instead of paying a monthly service provider fee for onsite personnel, you deploy an on-premises solution. The savings from eliminating monthly fees quickly pays back the one-time capital investment. The Cisco solution is based on open standard eliminating the need to purchase, support, and manage proprietary solutions.
• More control of wireless coverage: Cisco Instant Connect can be expanded for in-building coverage by adding Wi-Fi access points, integrating to carrier PTT service, bridging to Land Mobile Radio channels, and connecting to satellite radios.
• High quality experience: Cisco instant Connect integrates with your existing Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration services. Quality of service (QoS) and advanced voice codecs help to provide clear voice quality, even when the network is busy. Cisco wireless phone users 7925G/7926G can make individual push to talk calls, group push to talk calls and make regular phone calls from a single device.
• Scalability: Cisco instant Connect can support thousands of users. Managing a single system saves time and money compared to managing multiple service provider contracts, and the administrator privilege makes it easy to add and remove talk group users.
• Streamlined Operations: Operation centers can communicate with up to 30 simultaneous push to talk channels at the same time combining their telephone calls with on site push to talk communications resulting in increased communications using less personnel.
The Cisco® Instant Connect solution provides an economical alternative to service provider solutions for mobile communications. This solution can also integrate Android devices to Land Mobile Radio (LMR) connected into the Cisco routers in the data center. For information on Cisco Instant Connect please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/IPICS.
• Cisco IPICS 4.7(1) server with at least one IPICS media server.
• Android OS 4.1+ or higher is required.
• Mobile device must have a Menu button.
The following phones have been tested and optimized for Cisco Instant Connect:
• Samsung Galaxy S® III
• Samsung Galaxy S4®
• Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro™
For audio to work, your network’s firewall must allow VoIP traffic between the Android device and the Cisco IPICS media server. Please refer to the product documentation available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7026/tsd_products_support_series_home.html
• By using this application you agree with the terms of the Cisco IPICS end user license agreement (EULA).
• Cisco is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries.
• Copyright © 2013 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.