See Christchurch as it was before the Earthquake!
CityViewAR is an app that allows you to see the city as it was used to be.
Visitors to the Christchurch CBD area, especially on the Cashel Mall, Cathedral Square, or on the Red Zone Public Bus Visit, will be able to use the application on their Android mobile phones and use it to see virtual buildings overlaid on the real world where the real buildings used to be, and to access other information about a site such as photos and historical records.
For those who are not able to visit the site, the app will also provide an option to fake the user's location, running as if they are standing at the entrance of Cashel mall.
The software needs enough processing power and memory to run augmented reality view. And there are types of Android devices that might not meet this requirements.
The recommended devices for running AR view fluently might need to have:
- 1GHz+ CPU
- 512MB+ main memory (RAM)
- Preferably with 3.7+ inch screen
v1.5.2 with bug fix for some Android 4.x tablets.
You don't need to update if the app does not crash at launch.
v1.5.1 with bug fixes:
- More panorama pictures activated.
- Correct panorama sensor orientation (North and rolling direction)
- Enhanced search box behavior in the List view.
- Enhanced stability.
v1.5 with added features:
- Panorama images showing building damaged by the Earthquake
- Over 100 buildings with 3D models
- More viewpoints for viewing AR view